Just got engaged?
Congratulations on your engagement! You just answered “yes” to probably the easiest question you’ve ever been asked and now you can’t wait to start planning your big day! But, even with that trusty Pinterest board, planning a wedding can definitely be overwhelming. With the big picture in mind, there is so much to be done and it can be difficult to know where to start. NJ Wedding Pros is here to help!
First things first, let’s talk about what NOT to do as you start wedding planning. These “no’s” are definitely important to apply when you begin planning your special day, but be sure to keep them in mind throughout the process!
- Do not panic! Getting the ball rolling with planning your perfect day will probably feel like a lot. Take a deep breath, prioritize what needs to be done, and keep reading on to learn how to get started!
- Do not make hasty decisions! Make sure to consider all of your options. Though ultimately you can change your mind on different aspects, you will be locked in with some details once orders are placed or contracts are signed.
- Do not try to do everything yourself! Wedding planning can feel like a full time job! Delegate some tasks to people you trust (like your parents or wedding party) and remember all of the benefits that companies like NJ Wedding Pros can offer.
- Do not try to please everyone! Even though you want all of your loved ones to be part of your special day during the celebration, remember that ultimately, the decisions made for your wedding are for YOU (and your fiancé!).
- Do not stress! Planning your wedding should be fun!! That is why NJ Wedding Pros is here to help.
5 Steps to Start Planning!
- Decide on a date! You will need a date in order to book and secure every vendor for your special day. It is always good to have a few back-up options. Wedding season has never been busier, so there is a chance that the venue of your dreams could already be booked on your first choice of date. Unless there is a specific, special date that you know you need to get married on, start with a season or a month, a preferred day of the week, and then narrow down some options.
- Create a budget! This can always be adjusted, but it is good to have a number in mind that you want to stay under. By setting a budget in the beginning of the planning process, you will be more likely to make decisions with this number in mind and ensure you stick to it!
- Decide on a venue! Knowing where you will be getting married and celebrating afterwards is essential to continue booking vendors and making decisions. It is important to know the location and the layout of the space, so that details can be planned with those specifics in mind.
- Create a list of must-haves! Decide what aspects of the ceremony/reception that you absolutely want to include in your special day (and anything that you do not want), so you can begin considering what needs to be booked and what your attention should focus on.
- Begin thinking about themes/color schemes! Having an overall idea of the vibe of your wedding is also going to assist you as you begin making decisions. Maybe you want to have a beach theme with bright colors? That information is going to help with so many decor decisions!
With these ideas in mind, you are ready for the most important step of beginning to plan a wedding: contacting NJ Wedding Pros! As a one-stop shop, we can help you find and secure every vendor that you need to make all of your wedding day dreams come true! With all of your event services in one place and with one contract, we will save you time and money and make the planning process stress-free!