Answers to All of Your Questions on NJ's Marriage Restrictions During COVID-19
With Covid-19 still running rampant in New Jersey there are changes happening constantly to NJ’s state regulations on events. We have the answers to your question on what rules are in place for events and weddings in NJ and what safety guidelines you should be taking.
First, let’s start with the numbers. The latest regulation lift in New Jersey made it possible for indoor events to start. These are limited to either 150 people allowed indoors or 25% of the rooms capacity. However, you need to go with the lower number. Masks are a must and social distancing must be practiced, which makes dance floors impossible unfortunately. Outdoor events are limited to 500 guests with social distancing still being practiced.
If you don’t want to postpone your special day, there are ways to still have a picture perfect wedding by following these simple safety guidelines.
- Advise your guests to remain in their homes if they have potentially been exposed to the virus. This includes visiting any of the restricted states on Governor Murphy’s list.
- Masks! Whether you are having an event indoors or doing a backyard wedding, every single guest should come prepared and wear a mask.
- Provide the proper hand sanitation for guests.
- Try and avoid your guests having to serve their own food via buffet. Limit one person to serve the food.
- Keep a list of all guests that attended your wedding in case a potential case arises and contact tracers call you.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Space out your tables far enough to make people feel comfortable.
These safety regulations don’t necessarily have to be boring and dull. Utilizing a chalkboard sign to remind your guests to wash their hands can get the job done while looking trendy. Spruce up hand sanitizers on the tables with personalized labels to correspond with your weddings theme.
Masks are the latest fashion trend dominating almost every store’s inventory and have turned into a fashionable accessory (Photo Credit: Pinterest).
There is no doubt that Covid-19 has impacted the lives of millions of people. However, there is a silver lining to every situation that comes our way. There is a new surge of creativity especially within the world of weddings that have increased the beauty and uniqueness of events all over the world.